Translate

Monday, October 13, 2014

My October 2014 Birchbox

Hello beauty lovers,

My October Birchbox is shipped out on October 1 and arrived on October 7.



I am quite happy with my October 2014 box. Luckily, I did not receive any foil samples this month. I received one hair mist which smells great, one lipstick sample in a nice neutral pinkish shade that I can use everyday, an effective anti-blemish mask, an eye cream sample with 99% natural ingredients, and an eye shadow sample quad. This box definitely worths the 10 bucks I paid.

Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle hair mist sample is a good sized pump bottle. I received it in a mystery pack in August and I loved it, so I was happy to receive it in my October box. It has a beautiful floral-fruity scent which I like very much. It's a bit tricky to get the product out for the first time, you need to keep pumping for 10-15 times until you get some mist out. So, don't quit :) I mist it on my damp hair right after applying my Organix Moroccan Argan oil as usual. I use 4-5 sprays and it makes my hair less frizzy. I do not regularly use heat treatment so I cannot comment on the protection aspect. It is a good product but nothing miraculous. I may order the full size for the sake of its smell after I finish my hair products.

ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick sample is almost full size ('m not sure, maybe it is full size). I received it in the shade "Kitty" which is a beautiful pinkish nude that I can use practically to everywhere (yes, including the gym ;) ). It smells delicious and is easy to apply. It does not cake on my lips or look patchy at all. It feels soft and looks balmy-matte. It is not a long-lasting lipstick hence it requires rather frequent reapplications. I noticed that it goes down a bit faster than my other regular lipsticks, I think this is because of its creamy texture. I may order the full size after I finish my current nude lipsticks.

Dr. brandt® pores no more® vacuum cleaner is a 1 oz sample which is a good size. I think this sample will be good for at least 10-15 uses if you apply it to your entire face. I always liked dr. brandt products and use them regularly. Luckily, I haven't tried this specific product, so I was happy to receive a sample. I do not apply it to my entire face as directed, instead I apply on my concern areas (like on my zits, pores on my nose and cheeks, etc.) to save the product. It feels fresh and tingly, it has either eucalyptus or mint in its formula. It works really good to dry new pimples. I will probably order the full size when I finish the sample.  

Balance Me Wonder Eye Cream is also a 1 oz sample which is again a good size. For me the highlight of this product is that it has 99% natural ingredients. It was supposed to brighten my under eyes circles but I did not see such effect on the few times I used it. Maybe it requires a longer period of use before seeing any effects, I don't know. The scent was nice and the application was easy. I may not purchase the full size of this product since I did not see any immediate effects.

Coastal Scents® Revealed 2 Palette Set sample is a quad with earth tones (2 matte and 2 shimmer). I like the shimmer ones, but cannot say the same thing for the dark brown matte. In general, it is really difficult to blend these shadows and this patchy look was more visible with the dark brown. I couldn't get the ombre look which I usually do with 2-3 tones of beige/brown. I will definitely not purchase the full size of this product, but I am glad I received this sample before investing $34.00 into the actual palette.

For those of you who are not familiar with Birchbox yet: It is a monthly cosmetics&skin care subscription service that costs $10/month (including shipping). They usually send 4-5 deluxe samples (and sometimes regular foil ones :/ ) of usually new and trendy brands.
For more information you can check the official page here.

Disclaimer: I am not paid for this review. All opinions in this review and all of the other review in this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment