Translate

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

My July 2015 Birchbox

Hello beauty lovers,

My July Birchbox arrived earlier than usual this month (Hurray!).
I received the samples of:
Stila look at me liquid lipstick in Venezia (Coral)
Amika Un.Done Texture Spray
Macadamia Professional™ Weightless Moisture Leave-In Conditioning Mist
COOLA® SPF 30 Organic Makeup Setting Spray
theBalm® cosmetics Balm Desert® Bronzer/Blush

I am quite happy with my July 2015 box. Luckily, I did not receive any foil samples this month. Sizes of my samples were pretty generous, especially the Macadamia hair mist is huge and I love their products :)





I picked the color Venezia for my Stila stay all day lipcolor during the sample choice period last month. This seemed like the least bright color among the three (others were bright pink Bell and bright red Beso). I can't work Barbie pink and I already have so many red lip colors, so having a coral-red warm color is nice. This lip color really does stay all day. I put this on around 3pm on our anniversary before we went out and it stayed on all day through the end of a cheese and chocolate fondue dinner :O I heard others complain about how difficult it is to remove it, but I find it quite easy to remove it using some Vichy Purete Thermale micellar water on a cotton pad.

Amika un.done texture spray is my first Amika product, so I am happy to try them. I like their packaging. I didn't expect the spray to make my hair crunchy or mattify it, but this is exactly what it did :/ I like volume on my thin, straight hair but I also like the shine and softness to come with it. Sadly, Amika was a no go for me.

I like Macadamia Professional products and this weightless moisture leave-in conditioning mist was also a winner for me. I like the way it smells and feels. Plus the size is so generous, I will be able to use it for long time. It's also TSA friendly, so yay! for a new addition to my travel toiletries.

I like Coola products, too. Although I do not use make up setting sprays, this organic makeup setting spray was intriguing because of the SPF in it. I like the idea of having a facial mist with high SPF. Sometimes I forget to put SPF on before powder and blush and it's either "go out without SPF" or "remove and redo", such a hassle, I hate it. I will definitely order the full size of this spray.  

The Balm has the cutest packaging, but their samples are so tiny. The surface area of this Balm Desert bronzer/blush sample is as big as a dime and I didn't want to bother trying to apply it with a shadow brush. So, this went into the swap pile.

For those of you who are not familiar with Birchbox yet: It is a monthly cosmetics&skin care subscription service that costs $10/month (including shipping). They usually send 4-5 deluxe samples (and sometimes regular foil ones :/ ) of usually new and trendy brands.
For more information you can check the official page here.
Disclaimer: I am not paid for this review. All opinions in this review and all of the other review in this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment