Translate

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

My October 2015 Birchbox

Hello beauty lovers,

My October 2015 Birchbox just arrived and I love it. I received the following samples:
Avène Soothing Moisture Mask = 5 ml tube (value = $2.6),
Dear Clark, Thickening Balm = 1 oz tube (value = $6.5),
ORIGINS Modern Friction™ Nature's gentle dermabrasion =  15 ml tube (value = $4.74),
Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo = 0.75 oz can (value = $3.11),
Eyeko Black Magic Mascara (my PYS) = 4 ml tube (value = $10.76).


After my September box, this one didn't seem to have such great value but I am happy with them all because I haven't tried any of these before. Also, there is nothing I won't use in here, so, good job Birchbox :)

I picked the Eyeko Black Magic mascara during sample choice period last month. I haven't used any Eyeko products before and heard such good things about this mascara. I am glad I picked this one, it is the highest value item in the box. I was planning on going with the Stila mascara but changed my mind when I saw this one as one of the options. However, I was unusually lucky this month and Stila appeared in my second box even though I subscribed on October 3rd to use the $5 box code before it expired. 

As I mentioned, all of these products are new to me and I am very excited to discover new skincare.

Avène Soothing Moisture Mask is such a small sample, barely enough for 1-2 uses. But still, I like Avene products and this one also did not disappoint. I used it right after cleansing my face with Suki exfoliating cleanser (wonderful cleanser btw, get it immediately if you haven't done so already). After 15 minutes, I wiped it off with a cotton pad as directed and my skin looked and felt well moisturized and supple. This mask will be good for dry  winter months. 

Dear Clark, Thickening Balm is a nice sized product I will be able to take with me while traveling. It smells fresh and feels light on my fine-flat hair. I used it only once (on damp hair), so I do not see long term results yet. But it made my hair look a bit more voluminous after air-dried. 

ORIGINS Modern Friction™ Nature's gentle dermabrasion is another tiny sample, but at least this is dermabrasion cream, so a little will go a long way. It is gentle, yet still exfoliates well.

Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo looks and smells so good! It doesn't leave any residue and is very effective in refreshing the roots. I like this small purse addition, it will definitely come in handy for some mid-day hair pick me ups ;)

Eyeko Black Magic Mascara sample size is great for purse and travel. It has a curved brush and creates a subtle look which is ideal for day time. I had to apply several coats to get some curling and lengthening, but I don't mind that. It is enriched with Keratin and Shea Butter which makes me feel better about applying mascara ;) It was also easy to take it off using Lancome Bi-Facil (after activating) and did not leave any residue. So far, I love it!

Overall, I like every single item in this box and am glad I picked the Eyeko mascara as my PYS.

If you think of subscribing or resubscribing please use the code: 
"SUBSCRIBENOW50" to get $5 to spend in the shop or 
"BBJETBLUE10" to get $10 to spend in the shop. 
There is also "BCABOX" code which gives power pose curated box as your first box. Another code which will expire on October 16 is "2FOR1BOX", which sends the customer favorites box along with your first box, which is great! 
It is even better if you use a referral link to make another person happy too (referring person will get $5 in BB shop if you subscribe through their link). So, please ask your BB subscriber friend for a referral link. If you don't know anyone who subscribes you can also ask me to send you a referral, if you wish ;)

For those of you who are not familiar with Birchbox yet: It is a monthly cosmetics&skin care subscription service that costs $10/month (including shipping). They usually send 4-5 deluxe samples (and sometimes regular foil ones :/ ) of usually new and trendy brands.
For more information you can check the official page here for US or here for Canada.

Disclaimer: I am not paid for this review. All opinions in this review and all of the other review in this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment