Translate

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My September 2015 Birchbox

Hello beauty lovers,

My September 2015 Birchbox just arrived and I love it. I received the following samples:
Malin+Goetz cleanser = 15 ml tube (value = $2),
Malin+Goetz face moisturizer = 3 ml foil (value = $1.15),
Davines Love shampoo = 75 ml bottle (value = $7.4),
Davines Love conditioner = 12 ml foil (value = $1.4),
Acure cleansing gel = 30 ml tube (value = $2.5),
100% Pure eye cream = 8 ml tube (value = $7.5),
Japonesque eye shadow duo = 1.6 g (value = $12).


I seem to have the best boxes during September each year. Last year's September box was also a great 7-item one.

I picked the Davines Love shampoo and conditioner during the sample choice period last month. I haven't used Davines before and was dying to try something from them. I am glad I picked this one, I got to review for 20 total points instead of 10 and the shampoo size is really good. 

Actually, all of these products are new to me and I am very excited to discover new skincare. Also, special thanks to Birchbox for sending me this beautiful full size Japonesque eye shadow duo which came in my favorite neutral shades (Shade 8). Its case looks beautiful and the size is just perfect to carry around in my purse. The shadows are very pigmented and buildable. These two tones of brown work great together for a soft smoky-eye look. 

Malin+Goetz cleanser feels nice on my skin and cleans well. I like the refreshing grapefruit scent. 

Malin+Goetz moisturizer also feels soft and light on my skin. Although the sample size was a bit small, I still was able to get one use out of it. It is absorbed well and does not leave any residue.

Davines Love/Shampoo smells so good and feels great on my hair. Lather amount is nice, overall it is lovely indeed.

Davines Love/Conditioner also smells great and makes my hair so soft. I like how nourishing it is. I like how this pair works so well together. These were my first Davines products to try and now I know why the Brand is a sensation.

Acure Organics face cleanser is really gentle on my skin, yet cleans really well. I like that all the products of Acure are fair trade, natural, and certified organic; They are also very easy to find in places like Whole Foods and Target.

100% Pure coffee bean caffeine eye cream is a gentle eye cream. It is absorbed well and does not leave any residue. Brand website describes their products as 100% free of artificial colors, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemical preservatives and all other toxins. This is an approach I like very much as it gives plenty of cosmetics&skin care options to people with fragrance, etc allergies. 

I don't know if you noticed too, but over the past year I noticed a strong effort by Birchbox to include more organic and cruelty free brands in their boxes. I appreciate it very much that they are putting an effort for better without increasing the costs.      

Overall, I like every single item in this box and am glad I picked the Davines samples as my PYS.

If you think of subscribing or resubscribing please use the code "5BOX" to get your first box at $5. It is even better if you use a referral link to make another person happy too (referring person will get $5 in BB shop if you subscribe through their link). So, please ask your BB subscriber friend for a referral link. If you don't know anyone who subscribes you can also ask me to send you a referral, if you wish ;)

For those of you who are not familiar with Birchbox yet: It is a monthly cosmetics&skin care subscription service that costs $10/month (including shipping). They usually send 4-5 deluxe samples (and sometimes regular foil ones :/ ) of usually new and trendy brands.
For more information you can check the official page here for US or here for Canada.

Disclaimer: I am not paid for this review. All opinions in this review and all of the other review in this blog are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment